Thank you for choosing Keller Interiors to install your new floor covering purchase! Our commitment is to provide you quality and professional installation services based on the premise that there will be no “surprises” on your installation date.
The following guidelines will help ensure a smooth installation:
Scheduling Your Installation
Our office will contact you to select a convenient installation date and time, and will re-contact you the day before your scheduled installation to review the job in detail.
Customer Pre-Installation Preparation (what you need to do before the subcontractor arrives):
- Disconnect and move all electronics and breakable items, and place them out of the installation area. China cabinets, hutches, bookcases, etc. must be emptied.
- Clean any closet floor of shoes, clothing and other items. Remove sheets, etc. from bedding. Remove all small items from the area. Also, move any larger items not specifically accounted for with Keller Interiors. (i.e. grandfather clocks, pictures, wall hangings, antiques, pets, etc.)
- Drain and remove any water beds and aquariums.
- Gather floor-length draperies on a hanger and hang on curtain rod clear of floor.
- Review with our installers your local requirements for all water and gas lines that may be involved. NOTIFY INSTALLERS OF ANY UNDER-CARPET OR SPECIAL WIRING.
- Make sure that adequate power, light, ventilation and heat be available 24 hours prior to, during and after your installation.
- Normal installation methods may lightly scuff your existing baseboards, walls, door casings, and wallpaper. The subcontractor will use extreme care to minimize this, but be sure to keep touch -up paint or stain for your use after installation.
Installation Day – What to Expect
- The subcontractor will arrive within the specified time frame to conduct a pre-installation inspection and review the job in detail with you. They will confirm the correct color/sizes/rooms to be completed before installation begins. They will discuss with you a list of any existing damage before starting.
- The subcontractor will review with you seam locations and special work that may be required before they begin, along with any damage to the sub-floor that may prevent the job from being installed as sold. Unforeseen sub-floor problems may prevent the job from being installed as sold and require you to pay for additional material and/or labor. Concrete moisture levels may delay or prohibit installation.
- The subcontractor will move furniture as discussed with our office. If movement of any item is questionable, they will stop and discuss the matter with you before beginning.
- The subcontractor will complete your work in accordance with all manufacturer and industry standards.
- The subcontractor will make a post-installation inspection with you to guarantee your complete satisfaction.
- The subcontractor will clean and vacuum after installation.
- Surplus materials will be placed on your premises, where you want them.
Things You Should Know
- The subcontractor will not remove any vinyl or tile unless professionally tested, due to possible health concerns.
- The use of approved underlayment or embossing levelers will normally be required for vinyl, tile or wood.
- Vacuum your old carpet prior to removal to reduce the amount of dust and other particulates.
Keller Interiors warrants our residential installations for 1 year for carpet and 1 year for all other surfaces. Product, stain, and cleaning warranties will be reviewed with you by your Sales Consultant.
Thank you again for your purchase. We will make every effort to ensure that your Floor covering Installation goes as expected to give you a beautiful new home.